Thursday 12 July 2012

Max Factor {False Lash Effect Mascara v Masterpiece Max Mascara}

I recently decided that I wanted to try out some new mascaras since I've been quite stuck in a rut in that respect lately. I bought the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara because I'd heard some great things about it and also at the same time got a free sample of the Masterpiece Max mascara to try so I thought I would compare the two.
False Lash Effect on left, Masterpiece Max on right

False Lash Effect Mascara

This mascara has turned out to be even better than I expected. Both mascaras claim to increase the volume of your lashes and obviously this one aims to give you the effect of wearing false lashes without actually having to. I would certainly agree that this mascara more than the other gives my lashes a very noticeable volume boost. My lashes are naturally long anyway so it doesn't bother me that this mascara does not lengthen or define my lashes as much as others have. Overall I love this mascara and I will definitely repurchase it when I finish this bottle.

Mascara wand
Two coats
Masterpiece Max Mascara

Out of the two I wold say this mascara is more of a multitasker. It did increase the volume of my lashes without making them clumpy but it actually also lengthened and defined and separated my lashes a little at the same time. The wand also made it incredibly easy to reach the smallest of lashes. I am really glad I got this mascara as a sample, initially I thought it might end up being too similar to the False Lash Effect but I've found that I really like it does stand apart from it.
Wand
Two Coats
Verdict

I think it would be impossible for me to pick one mascara over the other but I would say that I might be inclined to use False Lash Effect more at night and Masterpiece Max more during the day.

 Thanks for reading! We'd love to know what you think of our blog.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...