Tuesday 24 July 2012

GlossyBox July 2012

I think on the whole GlossyBox send me products that match me perfectly more and more each month. This month is no exception. I actually have to say that this is my favourite box ever! Much better, for me anyway, than last months. I love everything in it and will definitely use it all. Also did I mention there is a bonus product?!






Bex London Londoner Urban Fragrance

There are 4 scents in this collection and I received a 2ml sample of W1X. This is a lovely fresh floral fragrance with an edge. It contains notes of rose, jasmine, iris and violet but what gives it that edge is the base of vanilla and precious woods. The name of the scent comes from London's West End and is supposed to be inspired by the eclectic vibe of that area. I think it may be included in this box namely because of the impending London Olympics.

This scent is definitely different from what I normally go for but I think that might be why a like it so much. However, since a full size 100ml bottle retails for £81 I think I will be using by sample as sparingly as possible!

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist 

This product is probably the one I am most excited to try. It is a multi-purpose mist which can be used to refresh and rehydrate your skin and hair all day long. Some of the components of the product help balance moisture levels of your skin and others help boost the shine in your hair and reactivate any styling products in your hair.

The bottle I received is a great sample size at 100ml, the full size product being 250ml. Having sprayed the product once on my face I can say that it initially smells a little of sun cream but that quickly fades aways as the product absorbs into the skin almost instantly. It has left my skin felling smooth but obviously I will have to use it further to give a definitive opinion.

The full size product retails at £9.25 so if I continue to like the results I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out.

Monu Eye Cool Gel

It is hard to get excited about an eye cream but for me it is a product I love to try. I often have dry, puffy eyes so this gel sounds great to me. This product is both wheat and paraben free and only requires a small amount to apply to the eye area each use. It is a clear gel of quite a thin consistency which is easy to apply as part of a skin care routine day and night.

What is bizarre about this product is that the sample I received is 20ml yet the full size product is 15ml and costs £16.95??? I'm not complaining though, this product will definitely last me a long time.

Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Frosting

The packaging of this product is so cute, oh and it's full size! The product is a multifunctional cream gloss which can be applied to the lips or cheeks. The flavour I got is Irish Cream Pavlova which smells divine the shade it gives is a sheer cherry colour.

The product is normally £10 for this 15ml size, the price of the box itself (without postage). I have to say though that I would not pay that for this product alone as I have plenty of less expensive similar products that I love. However I can't complain when I am getting 5 other products.

NUXE Huile Prodigieuse

First off I am so glad I do not have to try and pronounce the name of this product since I'm pretty sure I'd butcher it! I am looking forward to trying out this product because I've already tried a lip balm and facial spray from this brand and loved them. This is yet another multi-use product which is I think to keep in line with the festival theme of this month's box. It is a dry oil which can be applied to the face, body and hair any time of the year.

It's purpose is to keep skin soft and smooth and enhance the volume and shine in hair. There is also a suggestion that it would be great to add a few drops to a bath to relax and moisturise the body. It is marketed to be suitable for all skin types but I obviously cannot comment on that until I have used it a few times. The scent of the product is, to me anyway, quite woody and in particular I can pick out the scent of Sandalwood. However, it is certainly not overly strong.

The sample I received is 10ml which is a 5th of the ordinary 50ml full size product. It retails for £17.50 and I normally would purchase the brand from feelunique.com but it is also apparently going to be sold in Marks and Spencer in the UK.

Bonus Product! Samples of Elizabeth Arden's Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating line

I received 2ml samples of the Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Optimizing Skin Serum and Gentle Hydrating Skin Cream which will probably each last a couple of uses. The whole line is supposed to keep dry skin soft and supple continuously.

Since these products are meant to be used specifically to target dry skin I am interested to see if they do have a positive effect on my dry skin. It is a line I have be wanting to try but since the products normally retail at £14.45 for the cleanser, over £30 for the serum and about £30 for the cream full size these samples will allow me to try the products without wasting a lot of money if they do not work for me.


This month was definitely an excellent box and well worth the £12.95 I paid for it.

Did you love the box as much as I do?

Thanks for reading! We'd love to know what you think of our blog.

Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...